Can you believe it’s that time of year again?
My “Holiday Cheer” playlist is serenading me into the Christmas spirit as I write this, and the only reason I feel this is okay pre-December is because it’s setting the mood to put together a fun Holiday Gift Guide for the 2023 season.
Brands and products I’ve included support small businesses, and some are veteran-owned. Within a season saturated in mindless consumerism, I hope these ideas inspire you to get creative with your own gift ideas – shifting away from gifts just for the sake of gifts (and more unnecessary stuff in the world) and toward conscious choices that last a lifetime.
I love Christmas deeply, and that love thrives on the simple fact that it happens one day of the year. And yet, each year Black Friday has extended from a single day, to include Cyber Monday and Small Business Sunday – all the way into the entire month of November. I’m not a fan.
Many people dislike Christmas because it has become such a horribly commercial and materialistic holiday. I don’t blame them. As Black Friday stretches over several weeks and stores stock up on Christmas decor before Halloween is over, I can’t help but feel the magic of the holidays diluting. There is no separation between holidays – retailers push one holiday after the next, without a breath in between.
That being said – I love Christmas because I make it my way.
Some years, it’s special because the whole family continues tradition with a Christmas tree hunt in the National Forest. Other years, I’ve been out of the country and we celebrate Christmas when I return in February. Every year, we make cookies for Santa and leave carrots out for the reindeer. Santa always brings an array of snacks from across the world that we snack on throughout the day (most notably pickled herring, mmmm).
Leading up to Christmas, as long as I distance myself from the whirlwind of insanity around shopping, I enjoy finding the perfect gifts for the people I care about in my life. I’ve always had a knack for finding gifts that bring lasting joy, and I myself find a whole lot of pleasure in the process of wrapping presents.
Without further ado, here are a few holiday gift ideas for the loved ones in your life.
Gifts for Athletes
- LMNT Electrolytes to enhance your hydration without sugar
- The Comfort Crisis by Michael Easter
- Brute Force X SEALFIT Training Sandbag to bring your training out of the gym
- Thorne’s Collagen Fit
- Rogue Fitness SISU War Hammer to target asymmetrical training
- GORUCK Ballistic Trainers
Cozy, Feel-Good Gift Ideas
- Anna Joyce Design Ice-Dyed Robe – [pictured]
- Nootka + Sea Coastal Sea Candle, handmade in Squamish BC
- Custom Ice-Dyed Bamboo Sheet Set from ResistorDye
- Jaiya John Poetry Book
- Negative Underwear Whipped Long Underwear + Whipped Long Sleeve in cobalt blue
Gift Ideas for Men
- Outerknown Blanket Shirt – AKA the coziest shirt ever made
- Primal Onnit Yoga Mat to bring out his inner animal instincts
- Man Uncivilized by my dear friend, Traver Boehm
- Membership to the Uncivilized Nation
- Gatorz Sunglasses
- Primally Pure “Old Fashioned” Beard Oil, with notes of bergamot, orange, and vetiver
Gift Ideas for Foodies
- Thrive Market Subscription to save money on top quality brands (especially paleo ones!)
- Blank Recipe Book to keep a record of your creative kitchen concoctions
- Instant Pot to make meal prepping a little easier
- Flying Bird Botanicals tea – proudly made in Bellingham, Washington
- Yellowbird Hot Sauce (if you don’t love hot sauce, this will change your mind)
- Chomps Meat Snacks to fuel mountain adventures – [pictured]
Gifts for the Pleasure Seeker
- Primally Pure Bian Gua Sha Stone to rejuvenate your skin
- Primally Pure Dry Brush Duo Set to support your lymphatic system
- Wonderlust Intimacy Deck to strengthen your relationships
- Negative Underwear Whipped Triangle Bra + Whipped High Rise Panties
- Black Obsidian Pleasure Wand from Chakrubs
- Chakrubs Yoni Egg – in rose quartz, amethyst, black obsidian, rhodonite, clear quartz, or orange aventurine
- FORIA Intimacy Oil (use code “SAVANNAHWISHART20” for 20% off) – [pictured]
- Tina Maria Elena Watercolor art print to spice up your walls
Gifts for Artists
- Handmade Italian journal with traditional marbled design from Firenze, Italy
- Notes to Mindfulness Journal to encourage action for the self-help junkie
Gift Ideas for the Outdoorsman/-woman
- Rucker® from GORUCK, so you can carry your gym on your back – [pictured]
- Rab Equipment Namche GORE-TEX® Jacket
- Kula Cloth to make outdoor peeing a little easier for us squatters – [pictured]
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
- Rishi Cinnamon Plum Loose Leaf Tea
- Ora Cacao Tantric Rose Blossom Ceremonial Cacao
- Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Bars to satisfy your sweet tooth in a healthier way – [pictured]
- Thorne’s Vitamin D + K2 Liquid to beat the winter blues
- Moon Valley Organics Herbal Muscle Rub, infused with cayenne and arnica
- Good Graces Woodland Candle with notes of cedar